"To support readiness and quality of life by reducing the conflict between military mission requirements and parental responsibilities."
Community -Based - "where you live"
- Assisting Families find quality child care
- Identifying resources to reduce out of pocket child care expenses
- Augmenting the agenda of unit and command events to educate Soldiers and Family members about military and community child and youth programs
- Coordinating child care and youth supervision options for Unit Family Events
- Providing ideas for age appropriate activities for children and youth
- Disseminating information on child and youth development
- Supporting Yellow Ribbon Activities
Building relationships with community organizations to increase the support of Army Reserve children and Families where and when needed through:
- Operation: Military Kids
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- Veterans' Organizations
- Public and Private Education Organizations
Programs and experiences that develop life skills and promote youth leadership at home, in school, and in the community through:
- Enrichment Camps
- Summer Break Camps
- Weekend Camps
- Leadership Summits
- Teen Panel
Working with educators to increase their understanding of the military lifestyle, deployment cycle, and school transition issues and their potential impact on the social, emotional, and academic well-being of Army Reserve children and youth.
- Providing training and resources to educators
- Advocating for children and parents on school and education related issues with local schools
- Promoting academic success by sharing information with parents and youth about educational programs and school policies and proceedures